Until recently, it was a neglected part of the system, referred commonly and disparagingly as testosterone’s little sister. But scientists have noted that uncontrolled estrogen poses a risk to your health. It is pertinent that you recognize the signs early on and take steps to immediately get rid of the hormone from your body.
Recognizing the enemy within -10 warning signs of Estrogen dominance
- Irregular menstrual periods are caused by hormonal imbalance, especially between estrogen and progesterone. Estrogen levels rise very high, up to twice the levels found in a normal cycle, and then drop rapidly.
- Estrogen influences sexual passion. The level of progesterone decreases in the period leading to menopause. The dominance of estrogen causes an abrupt and unaccountable change in mood. This adversely affects sexual life.
- Most women are stressed to the core as high estrogen can stimulate uncontrolled growth. This causes a persistent feeling of tiredness.
- Premenstrual syndromes occur in the first half of the menstrual cycle. A high level of estrogen is generally the culprit. Physical manifestations include breast tenderness, water retention, headaches, rapid change in mood, and depression.
- Hormonal imbalance causes loss of hair.
- High estrogen levels may promote the growth of fat tissues in the waist and thighs.
- Normal brain functions are impaired by estrogen and it contributes to brain fog.
- The normal sleep cycle gets interrupted.
- Estrogen directly affects the thyroid by disrupting its ability to produce hormones. It is also accompanied by rapid weight gain.
- Fluctuation in estrogen levels also leads to a slower metabolism.
Correct the hormonal imbalance
Do not let excess estrogen enter your system. You can take the first step by eliminating the ingestion of estrogen or its clones. These get into our system through chemicals that are synthesized versions of estrogen-like plastic bottles, cosmetics, and certain non-organic products.
Eliminate the excess estrogen
The next step is very important as it involves the process of eliminating the excess estrogen in your body. Take the steps necessary so that you do not suffer from constipation. Plenty of water, a fiber-rich diet, and taking green vegetables and probiotic foods will definitely help. Take natural cures for recurrence of constipation.
Be sure to take measures to flush out toxins and other waste matter from your body. A daily regimen of exercise and regular sauna baths induces sweating throws out excess toxins. Breathing exercises strengthen your lungs. Lymphatic massage ensures that the system delivers more progesterone. Also, get rid of dead skin cells using a cleaning brush.
For a healthy liver
One of the most important organs in your body that helps eliminate toxins and other waste matter is the liver. It breaks down harmful estrogen so that your body can eliminate them. But the liver needs a supply of essential nutrients to fortify it. Abstain from drugs, alcohol, and processed foods.
The liver eliminates the harmful effects of estrogen and breaks it into water-soluble forms. It is thus eliminated easily by the body. Drink plenty of water. Follow a diet based on whole-food and green leafy vegetables. Take foods that are rich in vitamins, especially vitamin B. Do not overeat. Numerous natural botanical products improve your liver function like rosemary, milk thistle, etc.
Balance your hormones
Calcium-D-Glucarate supports liver detoxification. DIM is a formulation that supports the beneficial metabolism of estrogen. Indole 3 carbinol balances hormone metabolism. Sulforaphane supports detoxification in the liver.
If you desire immediate improvement in your metabolism so as to rid the body of all toxins, you may consider a few detoxification programmes. Always use purely organic medicinal herbs like dandelion roots and milk thistle seed, both of which improve liver detoxification. Matcha and yerba mate energizes the body and passion flowers and valerian root prevent anxiety and help us relax.
It is of supreme importance that you maintain a balance between the hormones in the body. Never allow any particular hormone to either dominate or be totally dominated. Recognizing the problem is vital. This is a condition which can lead to bigger problems if left untreated. Face it head on and you are assured of a healthier life.